Wednesday, October 18, 2017

My Trusty Old Hat

I'm a big proponent of hats, to keep the sun and rain out of my eyes.   For a number of years I've used and abused my beloved white Tilley hat, which had become old and frayed.   I'd already replaced it but keeping the old one for real work at my orchard.   I had been wondering when I would finally give up on the old thing when divine intervention arrived.

I was out at my orchard, motoring around and cutting the grass under my apple trees, when a branch knocked the hat off my head.  I was on a slippery side hill and before I could react, my zero-turn mower slide back over my hat and executed it.   I'm modeling the remains below.


My mower does a nice job of cutting.   I should have looked sadder but this minor disaster took care of my letting go of an old friend.


I was out picking apples a few weeks later wearing my new hat just a few feet from where the old hat met its end.  No clothes last forever so I'm keeping my hat mourning to a minimum.   It's just that I was so comfortable with that hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment